Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company (Mutual of Omaha) Medicare Supplement Insurance Reviews
You may have several Medicare supplement Insurance (also called Medigap) plan options to consider, depending on where you live. As you compare Medigap plans, it helps to consider the insurance company offering each plan, including their reviews and ratings.
In this Medicare supplement review, we explore Mutual of Omaha customer reviews, financial ratings and more to help you determine whether a Medicare supplement plan from Mutual of Omaha may be the right choice for your coverage needs.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Insurance Customer Reviews
Mutual of Omaha customers give us an average overall rating of 4.4 out of five stars, and more than two out of every three policy holders give us a perfect five-star rating.1
Some pros of Mutual of Omaha highlighted by our customers include:
- Helpful customer service
- Easy processing of claims and payments
- Clear communication about benefits and terms
Mutual of Omaha Financial Ratings
Mutual of Omaha is a large company with a history dating back to the early 20th century, so it’s little surprise that Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company maintains strong financial ratings from three major rating agencies.2
- A.M. Best rates Mutual of Omaha an A+ (superior) on the grounds of overall financial strength and ability to meet ongoing obligations to policyholders. This rating is second highest of 16 (April 23, 2023).
- Moody’s Investor Service rates us an A1 (good) based on current financial strength and the ability to withstand financial stress in the future. This rating is fifth highest of 21 (April 23, 2023).
- Standard & Poor’s rates us an A+ (strong) for financial strength and ability to meet obligations to policyholders. This rating is fifth highest of 21 (April 23, 2023).
Mutual of Omaha also maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (April 23, 2023).3
Mutual of Omaha Values
So what makes Mutual of Omaha so well-reviewed by customers?
The company’s five core values are all customer focused:
- Exist for our customers
- We act with integrity
- We enhance the customer experience through innovation
- We hold ourselves accountable for results
- We achieve greatness together with our customers and the community
The company also have a code of ethics that outlines our commitment to practicing legal, ethical and responsible business practices. You may view our code of ethics, which details our commitments to the company, our customers, our communities and one another.
Do Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans Offer Any Extra Perks?
These value added products are not insurance, may be discontinued at any time, may be subject to geographical availability and available with the purchase of a Medicare Supplement insurance policy.
Another company trait that is often brought up in our reviews are the extra perks that some of our Medicare supplement insurance policyholders can take advantage of.
Customers who purchase a Medicare supplement plan will have access to the Mutually Well program and discounts through Eye Med Vision care.
- Mutually Well
The Mutually Well program provides up to 30% savings from a network of over 20,000 providers that offer chiropractic, acupuncture, massage therapy and nutritional programs, plus mind/body therapies and healthy living products.*
You can also download the free Mutually Well Mobile App. The app allows you to select a fitness goal to receive a weekly plan with daily online fitness videos and guides, relaxation exercises and healthy recipes.
There is also an optional Gym Membership that can be purchased for just $25 a month, your clients can have access to a network of more than 10,000 fitness locations nationwide.**
- Vision care
Discounts on vision services and products through EyeMed Vision care may be available with the purchase of a Medicare Supplement Insurance plan from Mutual of Omaha. You can save on eye exams, eyeglasses, contacts and more from top eye care retailers, as well as other local providers.***
Depending on where you live, you may qualify for a household premium discount that can reduce your Medicare supplement premium:
- You may qualify for the 12% Household Discount if you reside with your spouse or you currently reside with an adult age 60 or older and have resided with that person for at least one year.
Call today to speak with a licensed agent✝ and learn more about Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Insurance plans, or compare free quotes online from the plans in your area.
1. Mutual of Omaha. Mutual of Omaha’s Medicare Supplement Reviews. Retrieved on April 23, 2023. https://www.mutualofomaha.com/medicare-supplement-insurance/reviews.
2. Mutual of Omaha. Financial Strength. Ratings as of April 23, 2023. https://www.mutualofomaha.com/about/company-profile/financial-strength. Rating only refers to the overall financial status of the company and is not a recommendation of the specific policy provisions, rates or practices of the insurance company.
3. Mutual of Omaha. Rating and Accreditation as of April 23, 2023. https://www.bbb.org/us/ne/omaha/profile/ insurance-companies/mutual-of-omaha-companies-0714-104000434. Rating represents the BBB's opinion of how the business is likely to interact with its customers and is not a guarantee of a business's reliability or performance.